Skip to content
- Never leave a submissive alone in subspace at all (except for example going for a pee).
- Never abruptly end a scene in which you know the submissive is in subspace – however marginal
- If the Submissive is in subspace, the scene must end as part of a return to real space (see Aftercare)
- Never criticise a sub during the exit stage of subspace
- Never impose responsibility on the submissive for any aspect of the play or for their descent into subspace as they don’t have the perception to control it properly.
- Be aware of a possible inability to clearly communicate.
- Always leave time for recovery after a scene, even if you believe the sub has only just touched subspace. (The experience for the sub might not be mind-blowing, but it might have ramifications.
- Remember nothing builds trust and commitment more than a sincere demonstration of love and support when helping a submissive return to normal space.